This story is limited to Techwire Insider members.
This story is limited to Techwire Insider members. Log in below to read this story or learn more about membership.
Two state government departments are recruiting technology leaders.
the California Department of Child Support Services (DCSS) is looking for “an energetic, driven and creative problem solver with attention to detail” to serve as manager (IT Manager I) of the Systems Operations (SOS) section of the department, ensuring that service level agreements are met and processes are followed for managing cloud services, monitoring technology recovery systems and database administration.
- Excellent verbal and written communication, time management, presentation and organizational skills.
- In-depth knowledge and hands-on application experience in advanced software-defined database concepts, cloud computing, and platform-as-a-service methodology.
- Ability to communicate, influence and work with a broad audience to help drive target system solutions towards successful implementation.
- Experience in developing technology strategies.
The monthly salary range is $8,381 to $11,231 and the application deadline is May 1.
the California Department of Transportation (Caltrans) is recruiting for a chief (IT manager I) of the Enterprise Data Warehouse and of the department’s Business Intelligence Office.
The Chief will report to the Chief Technology Officer and oversee IT professionals at various classification levels who are responsible for standards and processes; procedures for analyzing, designing, implementing, maintaining and operating data warehouses; and for data management, business intelligence, data analysis, data modeling and reporting.
“The incumbent has full responsibility for the management of the organization, planning, coordination, direction and control of all activities associated with day-to-day operations,” said the job offer and declaration of duty Remark.
Minimum qualifications for the position include:
- Two years of experience as an IT supervisor I; or
- One year of experience as an IT II supervisor; or
- Six years of IT experience performing a variety of technical, analytical or supervisory duties of increasing responsibility in support of IT systems or services in one or more of the six core areas or in a closely related IT area related or emergent. A minimum of two years of experience must include performing highly specialized work in a leadership capacity on highly complex or specialized information technology systems or services, or in a supervisory capacity with increasing responsibility on systems or highly complex or specialized information technology services.
The monthly salary range is $8,381 to $11,231 and the application deadline is May 4.