City Connection has announcement Layers Section and Galactic Attack S-Tribute for PlayStation 4, Xbox One, Switch and PC (Steam). It will first launch on PlayStation 4 and Switch as a digital-only title on April 28, followed by Xbox One and PC via Steam at a later date. A demo is now available for PlayStation 4 and Switch in Japan.
Layers Section and Galactic Attack S-Tribute is the first in a series of S-tribute titles in collaboration with Taito. following layer section City Connection will publish the following titles under the brand:
- 2X Bobble Puzzle and Bobble Puzzle 3
- Elevator Action Returns
- Black Metal
- Cleopatra Fortune
Here is an overview of the game, via its official website:
Layers Section and Galactic Attack S-Tribute is a shooting video game published by City Connection.
Released in 1995 by Taito, layer section is the home console version of the arcade game Ray Forcea vertical shooter.
Players control X-RAY, a mobile weapon equipped with lock-on lasers, and battle against the Con-Human System for the survival of humanity.
You can also play Galactic Attackgoing abroad layer section.
Enjoy enhanced home console game background music in stereo sound in this title.
The remixed main melodies are stylishly different from their arcade versions!
New useful features such as game rewind, slow mode and fast save have been added.
Compare scores with others in the new online leaderboard mode!
- A main feature of the game, lock-on lasers allow you to attack enemies on the ground or in low orbit.
- Use your unit’s reticle to lock on enemies and fire lasers at them in one shot.
- Target up to eight units at once. Destroy multiple enemies together for a higher score.
- Destroy eight enemies at once for a 128x multiplier!
- Take full advantage of the lock-on lasers to aim for higher scores!
Useful features and options
- Rewind – Rewind the game a certain amount of time and resume.
- slow mode – Slow down the pace of the game with the press of a single button.
- Fast save/load – Save game state at any time. Up to three slots available.
- Stage selection – Play your favorite scenes with your preferred settings.
- Expanded rapid fire settings – Rapid fire can now go faster than the original home console version (15/second -> 30/second).
- Coin Credits – Insert up to 99 credits and play at your leisure without worrying about what’s next.
- Change difficulty increase settings – Play at a constant minimum or maximum difficulty, which increases when certain conditions are met.
- Screen orientation – For arcade mode. Optimized for portrait screen orientation.
- Scan lines – Mimics the nostalgic display of the CRT monitor.
- Online Ranking – Switch to online leaderboard mode in settings to enter your score in online leaderboards and check how you compare to others.
On S-tribute Series
Reprints of classics produced and developed by City Connection with the Zebra engine at the time of Saturn.
Play a variety of titles with improved controls and new features.
Watch the trailer below.