This tutorial explains how to remove the “Recommended” section from the Windows 11 Start menu. We will do our best for you to understand this guide. I hope you will like this blog, How to Remove the “Recommended” Section from the Windows 11 Start Menu. If your answer is yes, please share after reading this.
Check how to remove the “Recommended” section from the Windows 11 Start menu
Windows 11 22H2 includes a new Start menu setting to control the number of items in the Recommended section, but you won’t find an option to remove the feature. However, version 22H2 introduces a policy allowing administrators to disable the “Recommended” section of the “User Configuration” setting in the Group Policy Editor. Microsoft is currently testing this option, which means it may or may not work on the latest Windows 11 22H2 preview build available through the Dev and Beta channels. Also, it is unclear if the option only works on certain OS variants, for example, B. only on Windows 11 Pro, Education, or Enterprise.
Along the same lines, the Start menu has also undergone some changes. One of them is the addition of the recommended section in the lower half of the menu. This shows six of your recently viewed files with the option to expand them further. However, it doesn’t seem to be for everyone. There are several reasons for this.
Not only does this seem like an unnecessary addition, but the fact that it tends to put all the files it accesses in front of everyone could pose a privacy risk to some. Things only get worse when you’re on a shared PC. Well, if you are repeating that thought as well, then this guide is here to help.
How to remove Recommended on Windows 11 PC
Remove Recommended Section in Windows 11 with Explorer Patcher
With the latest version of Explorer Patcher, you can now completely remove the Recommended section from the Windows 11 Start menu. And the best part is that it is completely free to use. Previously, we used Explorer Patcher to set Windows 11 taskbar icons to “Never Combine” and this time too, the little open-source utility came to the rescue. Here’s how.
- Go ahead and download the latest stable version of Explorer Patcher using the GitHub link here. Then run the program to see the Windows 11 taskbar instantly transform into a Windows 10 style taskbar. Now right click on the taskbar and open “Properties”. This will open Explorer Patcher properties.
- Next, go to the “Start Menu” section in the left sidebar and enable the “Disable recommended section” option. Finally, click “Restart File Explorer” in the lower left corner.
- Now open the Windows 11 Start menu and you will see the Recommended section has been removed. You can add more apps to the Start menu and populate the entire section with your favorite pinned apps. It’s amazing, right?
Reduce recommended section area and add more pins
If you’re on the development version of Windows 11 (22509 or later; December 1, 2021), you can choose a Start menu layout where the Recommended section is reduced to a single line and more space is available for pinned apps. This is one of the best hidden features of Windows 11, and I always change the layout when setting up Windows 11.
This way, you won’t have to use a third-party app to get more space in the Start menu. The feature is currently available to Insiders on the Dev Channel, but will soon be available on the Stable Channel. Then anyone can follow the steps below and shrink the area of Recommended section on their Windows 11 PC.
- First, press “Windows + I” shortcut to open Settings. Now go to “Personalization” on the left sidebar and click “Start” on the right panel.
- Here, choose the “More Pins” layout.
- Now open Windows 11 start menu and you will see more rows available for pinned apps. The area of the Recommended section is reduced to a single line.
Remove Recommended “Items” via Windows Settings
You can remove the Recommended section from the Start menu through the Settings menu. Here’s how you can do it with two clicks:
- Open “Settings” using Windows 11 Win + I keyboard shortcut. Then click “Personalization” in the left sidebar and select “Start” in the right panel.
- Now turn off the toggle next to “Show recently opened items in Start, Jump Lists, and File Explorer”. You can also disable the “Show recently added apps” option for an even cleaner start menu experience in Windows 11.
Remove Recommended “Items” from Start Menu
Another way to remove recommended items is to remove them individually from the Start menu. Here’s how:
- Open the Start menu by clicking the Start button or pressing the Windows key on your keyboard.
- Now right click on the unwanted item and select “Remove from list”. If it’s an app you’re trying to remove, you can also click the “Uninstall” button. But this will permanently remove the app from your device and you will no longer be able to access it.
Final words: How to remove the “Recommended” section from the Windows 11 Start menu
Hope you understand this article, How to Remove the “Recommended” Section from the Windows 11 Start Menu. If your answer is no, you can ask anything through the contact forum section linked to this article. And if your answer is yes, share this article with your friends and family to show your support.